I first experienced the healing benefits of massage therapy while receiving treatment for my own extensive snowboarding injuries, and went on to graduate from the RMT program at Vancouver College of Massage Therapy.
I came to the Sea to Sky Corridor in 2009 for the snowboarding and stayed for the rock climbing, trail running, skiing and most importantly, the incredible community. As an active and outdoors-oriented person, I understand the importance of having a body that moves and functions optimally in order to fully enjoy what this spectacular part of the world has to offer.
In treatment I use a combination of therapeutic techniques including deep tissue and relaxation massage, trigger point release, and joint mobilization, among many others.
I'm especially interested in treating sports-related injuries such as muscle strains, sprains and repetitive strain injuries. I am also very interested in finding new ways to manage chronic pain conditions and really enjoy keeping up to date on current pain science research.
CMTBC-approved continuing education courses completed:
- Cervical Spine (Neck) and Upper Extremity: Orthopedic Assessment and Treatment - with Mike Dixon, RMT
- Introduction to Osteopathic Techniques - with Ann Sleeper, RMT
- Introduction to Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization - with Dr. Nikita Vizniak, DC, RMT
- Level 3 CASI Snowboard Instructor
- Level 1 CSIA Ski Instructor
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations - UBC